Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Register your interest to join our Volunteer Program
At Baptist Care SA, we find ways to make people's lives better.
Baptist Care SA provides out of home care, disability care, youth education and employment, homelessness and therapeutic support services. We work tirelessly to help South Australians achieve their full potential. Baptist Care SA is committed to working with the State’s most disadvantaged, championing local issues and connecting with people to provide transition pathways from adversity to opportunity.
Volunteers are an essential part of Baptist Care SA. They play a vital role in the delivery of services to those doing it tough in our community. We would not be able to provide the services we do at our WestCare Centre and other areas of the business if it wasn't for our dedicated volunteers.
At times, we look to fill the following positions to assist with the services we provide:
- Food Hub Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
- Community Development Assistant
- Administrator / Receptionist
- Art Program (currently on hold due to COVID)
To see some of our volunteers in action, watch this video: Volunteer for Baptist Care SA
We look for Volunteers with the following attributes:
- Punctual and reliable
- Respectful and courteous at all times to all visitors, volunteers and employees of Baptist Care SA
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions
- Ability to show empathy with people who experience hardship, loss, disadvantage and disconnection from the community
- Ability to work 5-15 hours per week (between 9-3pm Monday to Friday) for ideally a minimum of 3 months
- A valid DHS Working with Children Check
- A valid National Police Check
- A valid Child Safe Environments Training certificate
Please note that Baptist Care SA will assist approved applicants to obtain these checks/certificates free of charge.
Start making a positive change in a person’s life and register your interest in becoming a Volunteer for Baptist Care SA today!
Please direct any queries regarding the role to: email@example.com
Baptist Care SA is committed to the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable people and as such applicants will be considered in accordance with our safety practices and suitability screening processes prior to being accepted as a Baptist Care SA volunteer.
Candidates who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.