Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Support Worker Westcare Centre
At Baptist Care SA, we find ways to make people's lives better.
Baptist Care SA provides out of home care, disability care, youth education and employment, homelessness and therapeutic support services. We work tirelessly to help South Australians achieve their full potential. Baptist Care SA is committed to working with the State’s most disadvantaged, championing local issues and connecting with people to provide transition pathways from adversity to opportunity. Identifying and prioritising the most vulnerable and unwell for intensive support.
The Support Worker role is based in the Adelaide CBD WestCare Centre working as part of a small staff tea to provide immediate care during code blues to rough sleepers. The Support Worker will provide a one-off brief intervention and if required refer client to appropriate Baptist Care, or other services.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have great interpersonal skills to build rapport with clients who require immediate relief in extreme circumstances,
- Has a sound knowledge of relevant referral services- including immediate housing and First Aid services,
- Engage with clients in non-judgemental and respectful manner, and work in partnership with them to effectively assess and respond to their housing and support needs,
- Ability to work as a team to development systems such as web discussion groups, staff meetings, planning and review days and quality assurance programs.
- Experience in providing services to marginalised people experiencing homelessness, addiction or mental health issues
Specific employment requirements
- Certificate IV in Community Services or similar. Extensive relevant experience will be considered in lieu of.
- A valid DCSI: Child-Related Employment Screening
- A valid National Police Check
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) (will be highly regarded)
- Child Safe Environments
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours will be required
- Ability to travel within South Australia
Any queries regarding the role, email to: email@example.com
Candidates who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job no: ESAM026166
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020