Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Volunteer Pastoral Care Assistant
- Rewarding volunteer role.
- Inner City Location.
- Opportunity to be part of a friendly team.
The role of the Pastoral Care Volunteer is to build positive relationships with clients within Baptist Care SA's WestCare Centre in order to provide appropriate pastoral care to them.
We are looking for Volunteers with the following attributes:
- Membership of a local church
- Ability to volunteer from 9am to 1pm at least one day per week (Monday to Friday) for at least 3 months
- Be respectful and courteous at all times to all visitors, volunteers and employees of Baptist Care SA.
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions.
- Empathy with people who experience hardship, loss, disadvantage and disconnection from the community.
The following documents are required:
- A valid Working with Children Check or DHS Child-Related Employment Screening Check.
- National Police Check (less than 12 months old)
- A valid certificate for Safe Environments for Children and Young People training (less than 3 years old)
For additional information about this volunteering opportunity please read through the attached position description (by clicking on the "position description" tab below).
To apply, please click the "apply" button and follow the prompts. Please have a cover letter ready as you will be asked to upload this.
Please direct any queries regarding the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Child Safe Environment
As the organisation holds a strong commitment to the safety and protection of our clients, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check via the Department of Human Services.
Job no: BUAT925919
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 March 2020