Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Child & Youth Support Worker
At Baptist Care SA, we find ways to make people's lives better.
Baptist Care SA provides out of home care, disability care, youth education and employment, homelessness and therapeutic support services. We work tirelessly to help South Australians achieve their full potential. Baptist Care SA is committed to working with the State’s most disadvantaged, championing local issues and connecting with people to provide transition pathways from adversity to opportunity.
Baptist Care SA is currently seeking qualified Support Workers for casual positions, who can provide holistic care and support to our clients in Adelaide. This is a challenging and highly rewarding role, where you are given the responsibility to provide high quality care and support to a range of clients with diverse backgrounds and needs.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be a person who supports and empowers vulnerable and at-risk young people,
- have a passion for creating a positive change in the lives of others,
- be an influential role model to our clients,
- support young people with building their life-skills,
- have experience with completing home duties including cooking and cleaning, and
- have an high level of perseverance, organisation and responsibility of care for others.
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention
- Certificate IV in Youth Work
- Certificate IV in Community Services
- Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention
- Diploma of Youth Work
- Diploma of Community Services
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Ability to work a minimum of three shifts across a 24/7 roster,
- Willingness to accept overnight and passive shifts
- Full unrestricted South Australia drivers licence
- DHS Working with Children Check
- First Aid, and
- Child Safe Environment Certificate
- Complete and pass a legislatively mandated Psychological Suitability Assessment Complete a mandatory Carer Approval registration prior to commencing work [according to the Child and Young People (Safety) Act 2017],
- Annual Road Worthy Vehicle and willingness to drive clients for work purposes
- Obtain any certificates not in possession mentioned above, prior to induction
- Under go Induction training prior to commencement
- Hold or already have a DHS Working with Children Check.
To start making a change in a young person’s life, please read through the selection criteria and employment requirements located in the position description below and apply NOW!
Any queries regarding the role, email to: email@example.com
Candidates who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job no: CDAR026141
Location: Adelaide, Central, Hills, Eastern Metro, Northern Metro, Southern Metro, Western Metro
Closing Date: Sunday, 3 May 2020