Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Support Worker - Child and Youth Residential Care
At Baptist Care SA, we find ways to make people's lives better.
Baptist Care SA provides out of home care, disability care, youth education and employment, homelessness, and therapeutic support services. We work tirelessly to help South Australians achieve their full potential. Baptist Care SA is committed to working with the State’s most disadvantaged, championing local issues and connecting with people to provide transition pathways from adversity to opportunity.
Baptist Care SA Mount Gambier are expanding! We have
exciting opportunities for qualified Support Workers who are looking to join an
organisation that aims to achieve the best outcomes for children and young
people within a supportive and empowering environment.
As a Baptist Care SA Support Worker, you will provide a safe and nurturing environment for children and young people under the guardianship of the Chief Executive through trauma informed care practices.
Your day will be varied, and will include things such
- Working within a team to meet client needs
- Providing support to children and young people, such as school drop offs and pickups, taking children and young people to before or after school activities, assisting with homework, and enriching their lives by spending time with them
- Managing and responding to difficult and at times aggressive behaviours using trauma informed care and holistic client centred practice
- Completing administration tasks including case notes, mandatory reporting, and handovers
domestic duties such as cleaning, laundry, and cooking
As a Support Worker, you will be a passionate, resilient, and empathetic professional. You will enjoy working in a challenging, but supportive environment, where you can really make an impact on improving the lives of Children and Young People across Mount Gambier.
will have strong communication skills, the ability to stay calm in stressful
situations and build relationships and rapport with the children and young
people in your care.
You will also have the following skills and experience:
- The ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently (at times, you will be working 1:1 with a client)
- The ability to work across a 24/7 shift roster (include PM overnight active shifts and weekends)
- The ability to build and develop strong and genuine relationships while maintaining professional boundaries
- The ability to practice self-care techniques to ensure positive work-life balance
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations and be resilient
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in (Certificate IV or above) in either Child Youth and Family Services, Social Work, Mental Health or equivalent
It is a mandatory requirement of this role to provide a COVID vaccination statement as part of the recruitment process.
Baptist Care SA is committed to the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable people and as such applicants will be considered in accordance with our safety practices and suitability.
We do not accept applications via email, however, for more information, please reach out to Linda Boucher – email@example.com
Candidates who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.