Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Volunteer Emergency Relief Assistant
- Rewarding volunteer opportunity
- Central Location near to Whitmore Square.
- Opportunity to support vulnerable individuals and families
The Volunteer Emergency Relief Assistant supports clients who are experiencing financial hardship through the provision of food parcels, food voucher, petrol voucher and Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme prescriptions.
We wish to recruit volunteers for this important role who are:
- respectful and courteous at all times to all visitors, volunteers and employees of Baptist Care SA.
- willing to learn and follow instructions.
- empathetic with people who experience hardship, loss, disadvantage and disconnection from the community.
- available to volunteer on a regular basis for at least one day per week ( Monday - Thursday) from 9am – 1.00pm, for at least 3 months.
The following documents are required:
- A valid Working with Children Check via Department of Human Services or Child-Related Employment Screening
- A valid National Police Check (less than 12 months old).
- A valid certificate for Safe Environments for Children and Young People Training(less than 3 years old).
Baptist Care SA will assist successful applicants to obtain these (at no cost to the applicant) if required.
For additional information about this volunteering opportunity please read through the attached position description (by clicking on the "Position Description" tab below).
To apply, please click the “apply” button and follow the prompts. Please have a cover letter ready as you will be asked to upload this.
If you have any queries regarding the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use Firefox or Google Chrome for greater convenience when completing your application and note that the system may time out if left open for too long.
We hope to hear from you!
Candidates who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Child Safe Environment
As the organisation holds a strong commitment to safety and protection of our clients, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check via the Department of Human Service.
Job no: HHAR926043
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 December 2019