Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Volunteer Kitchen Assistants
- Rewarding volunteer role.
- Inner City Location.
- Opportunity to be part of a friendly team who prepare and cook meals for people who are experiencing homelessness or disadvantage.
Baptist Care SA's WestCare Centre provides services to clients to reduce isolation by assisting them to participate in sustainable community activities. Clients may have mental health issues, or they may have physical, intellectual or sensory disabilities, or disability due to ageing.
As a Volunteer Kitchen Assistant you will support in food preparation, serving of food in the Baptist Care SA’s WestCare Centre kitchen and cleaning of the kitchen after meals have been served.
We wish to recruit volunteers for this important role who are:
- Able to volunteer from 9am to 2pm OR from 1 pm to 4pm at least one day per week (Monday to Friday) for at least 3 months.
- Respectful and courteous at all times to all visitors, volunteers and employees of Baptist Care SA.
- Willing to learn and follow instructions.
- Empathetic with people who experience hardship, loss, disadvantage and disconnection from the community.
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- A valid Working with Children Check or DHS Child-Related Employment Screening.
- A valid National Police Check (less than 12 months old).
- A valid certificate for Safe Environments for Children and Young People Training (less than 3 years old).
Baptist Care SA will assist successful applicants to obtain these (at no cost to the applicant) if required.
For additional information about this volunteering opportunity please read through the attached position description (by clicking on the "Position Description" tab below).
To apply, please click the “apply” button and follow the prompts. Please have a cover letter ready as you will be asked to upload this.
If you have any queries regarding the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Child Safe Environment
As the organisation holds a strong commitment to safety and protection of our clients, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check via the Department of Human Service.
Job no: HIAQ926047
Closing Date: Tuesday, 30 June 2020