Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Volunteer Mentor with Refugees and Asylum Seekers
Volunteer Friend / Mentor with a Refugee or Asylum Seeker
- Flexible and rewarding volunteer role
- Opportunity to learn more about another culture and share about your own
- Suits singles, couples and families
- Meet at a time and a place that suits you both
At Baptist Care SA we work collaboratively with South Australian’s from all walks of life to support them in achieving their full potential by connecting with them to enable positive change.
About the opportunity
A Volunteer Friend / Mentor with Baptist Care SA’s Friendship Program meets with a person from a refugee or asylum seeker background in order to assist them to learn more about Australian culture and customs, practice conversational English, and to seek to develop a mutually beneficial relationship where both parties learn and grow.
Due to the locations of most of our mentees, our successful volunteers will need to be located in, or willing to travel to the Northern areas of Adelaide.
Potential activities can include:
- Sharing a meal,
- Practising conversational English,
- Going for a walk,
- Visiting places of interest,
- Explaining about Australian culture and customs, or
- Helping people to be better connected to their local community.
The successful Volunteer will:
- Commit to 6 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months
- Be adaptable with the time/place/activities that suits their mentee
- Have or be willing to obtain a valid child-related DCSI or Working With Children check
- Be aged 22 or over
- Be a citizen or permanent resident (2 years minimum)
- Ability to attend training on 10 and 24 February 2020 from 6pm - 8.30pm at Enfield
- Have a current Child Safe Environment certificate or willingness to obtain prior to commencement
To find out more information, please review the Position Description and APPLY NOW! Also explore our other Volunteering options on our Website!
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
Wishing you all the best for your application!